Friday, October 25, 2013

This is halloween... eerie, creepy, and just plain gross.



The dice bag has an eye that looks like it's rolling, but the thing that really makes the piece is that the artist managed to make the stuff around the eye blend seamlessly into the leather bag behind it.

That's an actual dead, petrified flamingo up there. All the artist did was pose it. Sometimes reality is the creepiest thing.

Terminator up there is definitely a hell of a makeup job. Let's just hope no one ever tries to put this on themselves permanently.

The light switch over there... well... I think it speaks for itself.

The piece below this is called countdown. Somehow, that makes is 10% creepier, as you think about the implications of that word.


To the right is the most pastel-coloured creepy thing I've ever seen. We usually associate creepy with dark colours. It's called Siren. Do fullscreen to look at the scales there. There's a lot of detail. I'm pretty sure there's a fair bit of photoshopping involved, but I don't know how it was done... Ah well, beauty in the mystery -or is it magic? I never know. Anyhow, the not knowing makes it that much more interesting.


That pink one is also done in very bright, light colours. For some reason I can't quite fathom, it's called Effete.


The one to the left is Hades and Persephone. Ir's a bit less on the monstrous side. Perhaps it's more gorgeous than scary, but I wanted to put it in the mix anyhow. Try looking at it in fullscreen.

Perhaps this one (above) is more magical than creepy, but it's got some creep factor. Apparently, it's called Steve.

And in a bit of a matching set, there's the stiltwalker to the left. It's pretty fantastic that there's a person in there.

Looking back up, I notice a lot of these are kind of pretty. That wasn't intentional, but it may be personal taste that I tend to like things that have a bit of beauty mixed in with the creepy. Who knows?

Somehow, horror alone doesn't do much for me. That thing to the right just looks fake. Horrible enough, but fake. Perhaps it's the light of day on it.

Now, this one to the left is a little less perfectly done than a lot of the work I show here (well, with the exception of my own). But I just love the colours, and the concept.



Speaking of concepts... That picture to the right is supposed to be a creature concept art. It's somehow kind of cute to me- maybe something about the eyes? {link}

I think this thing (below) should hang over a newborn's crib.

But then again, I have a distinctly sadistic streak.

Here's the tutorial! {link} For when you feel like someone could use a scare. I suggest placing it above a bed while they're asleep.


What is it with mouths in the wrong places that just icks us out? Whatever it is, this thing to the left is undoubtedly terrifying.
Voldemort's cousin?

Oh! The old "slimy-skin" thing! Funnily enough, I think this guy looks like he could be handsome, if not for... well, superficial elements.

And below... not sure what to say about it!

Ghosts are fairly common as fun photograph tricks, but these two (left and right) are really, really good.
Here are two pictures of lovely, but decidedly creepy ladies! To the left is eyeball girl, and to the right is spider girl! 

From near to far, from here to there, creepy things are everywhere!

Now, I recognize that this isn't really horror per se- I keep putting stuff in that's pretty- but I can't resist! I like things that look nice! And things that are ugly are just... well, ugly! Perhaps this is my idea of beautiful decay.






No comments:

Post a Comment